APS Starter 50982
This product is a universal fit that is not specifically made for any given vehicle. Modifications may or may not be needed to use this product on your vehicle.
Our advanced power system line has grown to include starters. Our new APS starter is designed to crank over the highest compression engines on a hot day in Death Valley. Not that too many race cars are sitting in Death Valley, but it's good to know that you have the oomph to make it happen. The APS starter features all new components beginning with a three horsepower motor. This power is used to crank over the reduced 4.4:1 gear set to deliver great torque to the engine's ring gear to get the engine turning. The armature is balanced during assembly and is guided by two ball bearings for smooth engagement and thousands of starts. The downsized housing clears most headers and oil pans, but just in case, we made the billet mount so it can be clocked in different positions to help in tight applications. The assembly is powder coated MSD red and will stay looking good, even though it's underneath your car.
- Mount Can Be Clocked To Assist In Mounting
- Downsized design helps clearance issues w/oil pans and exhaust
- Ball bearing supported armature and pinion gear
- 3 Hp Motor Provides Power For High Compression Engines
- Gear reduction of 4.4:1 improves torque for great cranking
- Color: Red
- Style: Chrysler
- Warning: May contain chemicals known in the state of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, please visit www.p65warnings.ca.gov